Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Nobel Speech Prize

This is the rant that started all other rants! I must preface this with the fact that I'm not anti-Obama. He's won over the hearts of many and it's not easy to find a politician who has some good ideas partnered with the ability to sell those ideas to the general public. But is he worthy of a Nobel Prize? I suppose I'm just joining the masses in this giant debate that will lead to nowhere. It's not like they're going to take it away from him because enough people wrote about it in their blogs. But what where they thinking? Are they just giving away Nobel Prizes like toys from a McDonald's Happy Meal? "And will that be a boy Nobel Prize or a girl Nobel Prize Mr. Obama?" If they wanted to justify it better to the world they should have called it the Nobel Speech Prize. In that case I should get one aswell because I talk some really good smack too! What I don't understand is that he's been in office for like 30 seconds. They could have atleast given him the oppertunity to earn it on his own merits. What are they going to give him if he actually accomplishes anything? A second Nobel Prize is kind of redundant! But hey, what do I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment